About Me

My photo
I am embarking on a new journey to truly know the core of me. I no longer fill the need to fit in or fit some status-quo. Just to truly find the true beauty in me and be loved by my family and true friends.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The beginning....

Hello to all,



I am so excited starting my journey on having my true natural hair locked in the Sisterlock creation by Dr. Joann Cornwell. http://www.sisterlocks.com/


I have been wanting to go natural for years but was a complete CHICKEN. I wondered what my friends would say, people would think and mostly what my big head would like going natural. I wanted to sport the TWA but a part of me didnt want to let the perm go, or getting my hair weaved in the many long length styles I liked to wear. Now you see, I was an avid weave wearer and not because I didnt have hair (I always told you have alot of hair) - I just loved the low maintenance of it and the many styles I could wear. Human Hair in 14 or 16 inches, jet black and deep wave....that was my pride and joy.....silly me :(

I am new to this blogging but feel its important to track your growth and process. I know blogging my sisterlock journey would be much better than keeping a written journal.

I hope my experience encourage or help someone else take the journey to sisterlocks as well. I also love the fact I have an entire sisterlock movement to reach out to....

My journey begins..........................


1 comment:

Natural And Free (Naturally KiKi) said...

Hi Jacqueline,

This is KiKi. Hooray...glad to see you are starting your journey soon also!!! We will definitely need to keep up with each other's progress. You are right!!! This is indeed exciting!!!